Island Peak Climbing
- Book Now
Island Peak also locally known as ImjaTse is the most popular trekking peak situated in the Everest region in Nepal. The name itself suggests that this peak looks like an Island being surrounded in a sea of ice when we view from Dingboche. The climbing trip to Island Peak starts with an exhilarating mountain flight to Lukla airstrip. From Lukla we ascend slowly to northward, through Namche Bazaar and finally reach the Island Peak Base Camp on the eleventh day where we prepare for next day climbing. The summit day begins very early morning with an interesting scramble along a rock ridge to a glacier. Above the rock ridge there is a steep snow head wall that leads straight to the summit. To step foot on the top of the peak is physically challenging but it would be a great day of achievement for climbers.
The summit of Island Peak looks very attractive with a highly glaciated west face rising from the Lhotse Glacier. The ridge rising to the south leads to the summit of Island Peak. The extension of this ridge to the southwest is the part of the normal route of ascent and leads to the South Summit. One can enjoy the amazing views of Mount Amadablam, Makalu, Lhotse Shar and. Lhotse from the summit. However, before attempting this climb, climbers are advised to acclimatize by trekking to Everest Base camp.
Findways Adventure offers highly experienced and professional climbing Sherpa and guides to ensure safe ascent and summit along with the climbing permit and all other necessary logistics. This Island Peak Climbing package trip can be flexibly adjusted to our clients’ requirements. Safety and comfort is our priority. For further inquiry and price, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,840m) & trek to Phakding (2610m).
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
Day 04: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization.
Day 05: Namche to Tengboche (3870m)
Day 06: Tengboche to Dingboche
Day07: Rest/ exploration day at Dingboche visit Nangkharsang Gompa.
Day08: Dingboche to Lobuche.( 4,910m)
Day 09: Lobuche to Kalapatter (5,545m) – Gorakshep (5,170m)
Day10: Gorak Shap- EBC (5360m)- Lobuche. (4,910m)
Day11: Lobuche to Chhukung (4,730m).
Day12: Chhukung to Island Peak Base camp.
Day13: Base camp to Summit (6,189m) & back to Chhukung
Day14: Chhukung to Pangboche. (3,985m)
Day15: Pangboche to Namche Bazaar
Day16: Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Day17: Fly Lukla to Kathmandu
Day18: Kathmandu sightseeing
Day19: Final departure
Cost Include / Cost Exclude
- Airport pick up & drop by a private vehicle
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicles
- Tea house accommodation (lodge) during the trek
- A local government licensed English speaking trekking guide
- Necessary number of porters for carrying luggage during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for our trekking crew
- Sagarmatha National Park permit
- TIMS Card
- Island Peak Permit fee
- Garbage Deposit fee.
- Climbing equipment: Rope, Ice Screw, and Snow Bar etc.
- Flight fare Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including domestic airport tax
- Surface transfer to/ from Kathmandu- hotel before and after the trek
- All our government taxes
- Your international flight & airport departure tax
- Nepal entry visa
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Your travel & medical insurance.
- Your personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry etc
- Your personal trekking and Climbing Equipment.
- Tips for trekking staff
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on our Price Includes section.
Please read our Booking terms and conditions carefully. In completing and submitting the booking form, you agree to be bound by these conditions, which constitute the agreement between Findways Adventure ("FWA") and you. These conditions apply to the exclusion of any other terms or conditions unless they are set out in the booking form or are otherwise agreed to in writing by Findways Adventure