Ghorepani Poonhill trek
- Book Now
Ghorepani Poonhill trek, also known as Annapurna Skyline trek, is a middle hill trekking in the Annapurna region. In terms of distance and pace of walk this trek is considered short and easy, though one has to walk uphill and through rhododendron forests. It is recommended for those who are looking for a few days to be up close with nature, without serious ascents. There is no risk of altitude sickness on this trek as the trail begins at lower elevations and is less demanding. Any trekking enthusiasts can do this trekking throughout the year except in the monsoon season (July to August).
The trek starts from the beautiful Modi Khola River, after an hour’s drive from Pokhara. After crossing the suspension bridge over the river Modhi Khola, we ascend through Gurung villages (one of the ethnic villages in Nepal) and farmed terraces having enjoyed the views of Mount Machhapuchare during the trek. We walk gently uphill mostly through the rhododendron forests before we reach Ghorepani. Upon arrival at Ghorepani, you wake up next day early morning to climb the nearby Poon hill to enjoy the spectacular view of the Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Nilgiri and other famous mountains of the region. As the sun rises at early dawn, the snow-capped summits of the Himalayan giants-Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Annapurna I (8,091m) along with a maze of other peaks, slowly begin to appear before our eyes.
Every spring between March and May you find the forests in full bloom with the Rhododendrons at the setting of panoramic high mountains on the skyline. This is, indeed, a rewarding trek that can be enjoyed by every lover of nature and families with children in a short holiday in Nepal. One has to walk just 4-5 hours a day and spend nights at the comfortable lodges. From local to continental food are served in the teahouses along the trailside.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour and Trek Preparation
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara (910m)
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul (1070m), (1hr -20 min drive in a private vehicle) and trek to Ulleri via Tikhedunga (1540m)
Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m)
Day 06: Trek to Poon Hill (3210m) to Tadapani (2520m)
Day 07: Trek to Ghandruk (1950m).
Day 08: Trek to Pokhara via Phedi (910m)
Day 09: Drive Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day10: Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure
Cost Include / Cost Exclude
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 2-night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 2-night accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome drinks in hotel on the day of arrival
- Kathmandu sightseeing in a comfortable private vehicle as per the tour program
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trekking guide & necessary porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food, transportation and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag if required (need to return after the trip completion)
- All necessary paper work and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes.
- Nepalese visa fee
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guide and porter(s)
Please read our Booking terms and conditions carefully. In completing and submitting the booking form, you agree to be bound by these conditions, which constitute the agreement between Findways Adventure ("FWA") and you. These conditions apply to the exclusion of any other terms or conditions unless they are set out in the booking form or are otherwise agreed to in writing by Findways Adventure